Wednesday, March 07, 2018

LYS Day

Saturday April 21 is LYS Day.
Local Yarn Store Day is a brick-and-mortar yarn shop appreciation day created by TNNA Yarn Group. The inaugural LYS Day will take place on April 21 and is designed to show support for small businesses while bringing together a unique community of knitters, crocheters, weavers and spinners to drive awareness and celebrate the craft.
We are coming up with some ideas for April 21. Mark your calendar and plan a road trip.

We have a great kit from Trendsetter. We have agreed that we will not sell the kit before April 21. You can reserve one or two and pick them up that day.
I saw the shawl in person at TNNA and really liked it. The yarn is a cotton acrylic blend in fun colours.
There are 2 different colour options.

There are 4 different colours in a kit.

The shawl takes 2 kits. The vest takes 2 or 3 kits depending on the size.

I would love to start selling the kit now (in the store and online) but LYS Day is an initiative to get customers out to their local yarn shop. After April 21 we can ship the kit out. If there are any left we will be taking them to the Frolic.

My flight doesn't arrive in Myrtle Beach until 9pm so I'm blogging early (it's actually Tuesday as I am writing this). I can't wait to see dad but I'm even more excited to see Lucy. I've missed her.

I've started a To Do list for Beth on the new chalk board wall. She goes in and out that door every day. How much do you want to bet that she forgets to do this?

That is very unkind (but very true) - Beth

I just talked with Steffi from Uschitita. We are hoping to see our next order in April. Maybe in time for LYS Day and if not then for the Frolic. I've asked her to include these colours. I'll remind her at the beginning of April - they are amazing!

I will blog as much as I can. I know that there are some shipments arriving while I'm gone.

The Regia Kinda Magic Sock Yarn arrived this morning.


I've gone through my check list.
-money
-passport
-credit card
-ipad
-knitting
-make up
-clean underwear

I'm good to go.

No comments: