Monday, February 05, 2018

Olympics

It's that time. The Olympics are starting this week.

With so much going on I totally forgot that I need to pick a project.

The Yarn Harlot started this awesome idea in 2006. Here is a link to her post. You cast on during the opening ceremonies and need to be cast off by the end of the closing ceremonies. I have participated in every Olympics since and have finished every time except once.

If you want to get serious about this, heading on over to Ravelry and join the Ravellenic Games.

I'm going to make Lilli Pilli (pattern purchased on Ravelry). Or at least that is my plan today.
Tosh sock in harvest, by far and penumbra. I will use penumbra for the lace section with the other two for the stripes. A very interesting colour combination for me but it called out to me as I walked by the tosh sock.
This is Cathy's Lilli Pilli that she knit in Mrs. Crosby Train Case. I love the shawl and have always wanted to make it.

When I was leaving for work the chalkboard wall was being painted. Like I said, too much HGTV.

Sarah has been busy finishing projects. This cardigan is so cute!
Pattern: Lady Sunnyside (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: tosh vintage
 From Tanis Lavallee
My Sunnyside Baby Sweater has become my go-to baby gift pattern. It’s simple but has striking details and features a no fuss, top-down construction with minimal finishing. It’s got everything I look for in a nice knit. The only thing it didn’t offer… was an option to knit it in my size! So I’ve gone ahead and fixed that. Voila the Lady Sunnyside pattern! This is the adult version of my baby sweater. Lady Sunnyside pays close attention to all the details, resulting in a pretty and polished look. Keep it classic with the simple rope cable, or opt for the graphic zigzag lace option. I’ve knit four baby Sunnysides for my son and am well on my way to amassing a similar collection of Lady Sunnysides for myself! I dare say this just might be your new favourite cardigan!
You can read more about the cardigan on Sarah's blog. Please note that Sarah knit this herself. It is important information for tomorrow's blog post 😋.

No comments: