Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Super Warm

I finished my cowl last night. I had planned on using both balls until they were finished but Beth and I agreed that this was more than long enough. It is super warm.

My mom would call this a snood.
For such a simple word, snood has quite a few meanings. In terms of fashion trends, a snood is basically a tubular scarf, like a large cowl. It differs from an infinity scarf in that it sits higher on the neck and can often act like a hood, whereas an infinity scarf is more of a looped scarf that can sit around the neck. 
I used 3/4 of each ball. If you made the cowl shorter (and maybe not quite as wide) you could easily get two cowls out of two balls. I used Amitola Brushed from Louisa Harding. The pattern is an adaptation of the Ombre Cowl Hood. I cast on 100 stitches with 6.5mm needles.

Lynn brought in her latest project to show me how the yarn is knitting.
She is using one of the new Fino mini skein kits to make the 3 Color Cashmere Cowl. The yarn is super soft.

Need a last minute gift? We just received more Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kits from Cocoknits.
Use the Stitch Holder Kit in lieu of scrap yarn whenever you need to hold live stitches. The threaded needles allow you to knit off of your leather cord. 
The Leather Cord and Needle Stitch Holder Kit contains: 
two interior-threaded needles made of nickel plated steel 
three lengths of leather cord 
one long – for holding sts of sweater body (59"/150 cm) 
two short – for holding sts of sleeves (29.5"/75 cm) 
Keep the contents of your kit in the reusable kraft drawer, lined with 100% wool felt.


I got to work this morning and was able to breathe a sigh of relief. My knitting was in the store. I think I would cry if I lost something that I've been working on for a month.

Beth is working on the game for Christmas Day.
There will be 12 boxes in total. The first box is the smallest. It is wrapped and then put inside the next box. It is wrapped and goes inside the next box. It is quite a process. And eats a lot of wrapping paper. I had to hide my really good wrapping paper.

During the game you are wearing oven mitts (we can't make it easy) and have so long to try and unwrap the first box. Then the next person tries. Oh yeah. There is a lot of tape. A lot. Packing tape that really sticks. Once the first box is done it's time to get the next one open. The game can take quite a while.

The person who unwraps the last box gets the prize inside.

2 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Sounds like fun...what's the gift in the last one? ho ho ho!!!

Unknown said...

Kath Cher. New to the blog - a game for Christmas Day?