Friday, December 15, 2017

National Parks

I received a phone call this afternoon that made me very happy. Rockshelter Sock is finally on the way to us.
I don't want to make any promises until the box arrives but I should have the colours for my Find Your Fade.
Here are some of the new colours that should be in the box. I can't wait.







This summer Fleece Artist introduced the National Parks Collection. At the end of November they dyed the colours in Festival Sock - a true sock yarn. This morning I finally got the collection on the website..
In honour of Canada's 150th Birthday we have curated a collection highlighting 13 of Canada's National Parks, one for each province and territory. 
This light fingering weight sock yarn has a nice tight twist for a durable sock. The silk adds warmth and a bit of sheen while the kid mohair increases the strength and give a subtle haze.
While tidying last week Cathy found some Bigga Buddy cases from Namaste. Namaste is no longer in business so these are a real find.
The Bigga' Buddy case is an oversized version of Namaste's Better Buddy case; it features hidden magnetized interior walls to keep your metal items in place, a removable interior divider, and is made of vegan animal-friendly faux leather. Perfect for quilters, crocheters, knitters, and general Namasterians alike! Contrast stitching, solid construction, and snap button closure; when size matters- you need a Bigga' Buddy!
We have
3 Pumpkin Spice

2 Caribbean Blue
2 Raspberry

1 Eggplant
The snow this afternoon was beautiful. The flakes were huge. Someone commented that it looked like a snow globe outside.

Now it's time for a few rows of knitting. I was busy writing a newsletter today (it should go out on Monday) so my knitting stayed in the bag. I want to get my cowl finished.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure the Bigga Buddy find will sell out quickly. Could you tell me the cost and if you would ship to Nova Scotia? One can always wish:-))

I really enjoy your posts and I have had friends who have visited your wonderful shop on their visits to family in Ontario..They can't say enough good things about it.
Donna in Halifax.

Julie said...

Hi Donna
Thanks for the comments.

The Bigga Buddys are $50. Yes, we can ship to Nova Scotia. The shipping is about $16. I would have to box it up with your address to confirm the price.

You can email us in the store with your mailing address and I can confirm the price.