Tuesday, November 07, 2017

Wearable Modern Designs

Melanie Berg introduced two new patterns today. I saw her post on Instagram and sent her a message right away asking for permission to use her pictures. These are great!!

Pattern: Verdon (purchased on Ravelry)
It’s a generous rectangular shawl knit from four different colors, using short rows to seamlessly combine textures like stripes and lace into a garment that captures the steep lines and beautiful color play of the Verdon Gorge itself.
Verdon is knit in fingering weight. You need 4 colours - 400 yards of each.

Pattern: La Crau (purchase on Ravelry)
For millennia, migratory herds of Merino d’Arles sheep and their humans have roamed the fertile countryside across France, choosing the high meadows of the Alps during the summer and the lush plains of La Crau when winter’s chill hits.
La Crau is also knit in fingering weight. You need 3 colours - each under 400 yards.
Melanie's patterns are very well written. All patterns have been test knit and tech edited.

Here is a bit about Melanie from her Ravelry page. You can see all her amazing designs here.
I’m Melanie, and I combine texture and color into wearable modern designs that are both playful and beautiful. I design to surprise — from matching cheeky stripes with elegant lace, to choosing unexpected color combinations. I love to collaborate with other creative types around the world, and my patterns have been published by yarn companies and knitting magazines large and small. 
I live with my husband and three children in Bonn, Germany, where I find inspiration in the landscape, history, and culture.
Now there are a few more contenders for the Fuse yarn that should be arriving tomorrow. I've been tracking the boxes and as of right now they should be in the store by 5:30.

No comments: