Monday, October 02, 2017

Beth's Knitting

Beth finished a cowl last night. I'm pretty sure she is going to ask me to block it for her. And sew in the ends.
Pattern: Cara (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Independence from Spincycle Yarn
This slipped stitch polka dot pattern is a simple way to add a beautiful texture to Stockinette stitch. Knit in the round, the finishing couldn’t be more simple. Enjoy the color play as you watch this pattern unfold.
She enjoyed it so much that she wants to knit another one. I don't have any more of the yarn (it's on the way) so she is going to make up her own pattern using tosh merino.

I've hit a stand still on my Find Your Fade. The first three colours are finished and I'm very happy with how it looks. So far. The next four colours aren't to my liking. There is a shipment on the way from Hedgehog Fibres so I'm waiting to see what's in the box. In the meantime, I'm going to finish a project for Beth. She's liking her slip stitch knitting more than garter stitch.

Pattern: Caledonia Cowl (available in the store or can be purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: Blue Sky Fibers Worsted Cotton
3 skeins of the main colour and 1 skein each of 3 contrast colours
Worn long or doubled up, this versatile cowl will become your new favorite accessory. Quick to knit and beginner friendly, you simply cast on with two strands of our super soft Organic Cotton and knit garter stitch back and forth lengthwise, sewing it up when it’s done. Easy color changes gives Caledonia a modern marled look.
I'm not really happy with her right now. The pattern isn't in the bag with the yarn. I can figure out the stripe sequence from what she has knit so far but that is beside the point. Keep the pattern in the bag. :)

She tried to make a deal with me so that I would cast on for her. I was a very nice person and her stitches are on the needle and she's knitting away.

I spent some time today working on the website. (Too much time, my eyes are blurry from staring at the screen for too long.) The yarns from Long Dog Yarn are finally listed.
Now it's time for bed. I have an early dentist appointment. YUCK!!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Do you carry Spincyle Independence?

Julie said...

Diane - we are out of Independence right now but the colours in the cowl are on the way. I hope that they will be in the store by the end of next week.