Sirdar Colourwheel is a gloriously vibrant colour effect double knitting yarn. This incredible yarn comes in a range of 6 wonderfully colourful shades. Colourwheel is a cake yarn so the true effect of each of the shades can be seen from the ball! What’s more, as well as there been a collection of patterns with one ball accessory designs there is also a free pattern for a wrap on the ball band! Colourwheel comes in a gorgeous acrylic wool blend and is a standard double knitting yarn so will knit to all Sirdar double knitting patterns.See all the patterns...
One ball goes a long way and sells for $24.95.
Blend: 80% Acrylic 20% Wool
Ball weight: 150g
Yardage: 568y / 520m
Tension: 22 stitches, 28 rows to 4 inches / 10 cm on 4mm needles
purchase the pattern now on Ravelry and the first clue will arrive May 12.
Welcome to another rare mystery knit-along adventure with Joji. In the quest to knit this beautiful wrap (stole), we will have fun unveiling each clue while playing with color and texture. I wouldn’t want to make any knitter disappointed with the finished outcome, but the point of a Mystery Knit Along is not knowing what you’ll be making, there’s always that risk… Therefore, here are some facts about the wrap that will help you decide if you will like to embark on this project:The hockey last night was very exciting. I got quite a bit of knitting done.
- The shape is a true rectangle. This wrap can be worn as a wrap, blanket scarf or even as a blanket.
- Approx. measurements are 26½ x 72” (66 x 180 cm) blocked.
- It has a graphic look, but it is still classic.
- You will need yarn in 5 colors and you will use up a lot of your yarn, so you need full skeins.
- The total approx. yardage is 1700 yards (1555 m). It is a BIG wrap. Please be aware of this.
- There will be 5 different clues, spread out over 5 weeks.
- It is good for all levels. There will be TV knitting and more engaged knitting. You will sure have fun.
- There is no brioche involved. There are no short rows either.
- There is a little bit of simple lace, about 10% of the total project.
- There is a lot of garter stitch.
Now it's bed time. I was busy packing boxes in the store today. We're almost ready for the Frolic. The last few things are caught in Canada Customs. Don't they know that we need the yarn? :)