Monday, August 01, 2016

Linen

We've been asked a lot lately about Linen. We don't have 100% Linen in the store right now but a Linen blend that I really like is Dandelion from madelinetosh.
Dandelion is a single-ply custom blend of 90% superwash merino wool, 10% fine linen. With a generous 297m/325 yards per skein, this fingering weight yarn is more than enough yardage to complete a pair of socks and two skeins can completed a full-sized lace project. This uniquely soft, fine linen blend is hand-dyed in small dye lots.
You can use Dandelion for any fingering shawl that you see on Ravelry but watch the yardage. It is shorter than other fingering weight yarns - you might need an extra skein.

Guess what pattern I used?
That's right. Auburn Wave. 3 skeins of Dandelion knit on 4mm needles.

See the shades that we have in the store... 

I'm trying to get everything ready to go. I don't need clothes. I don't need toiletries. Really the only thing I need is knitting. My balls are wound for the Eccentric Chevron Wrap.
Here are the inside of the yarn labels. I like this. Thanks Prism Yarns. It made me smile while I was rolling the skeins.

1 comment:

kathy b said...

Madelinetosh is such lovely lovely yarns. THey feel amazing