Monday, April 04, 2016

Manos del Uruguay

I didn't 'work' today but I spent a lot of time in the store. I was there by 9am to start packing mail orders. After two hours of mailing and working on the website I went to spend some time with the dogs. Then back to the store to meet Canada Post. There are going to be some happy knitters in the next few days.

What else happened today?

I ordered new sock yarn.
This collection offers a variety of choices for each and every sweet fanatic. Sweet fruit nougat, sour fruit gums or spicy black cumin, these eight breathtaking colors, there is no way you could miss a flavor.
Sweet & Spicy 3 should be arriving mid-April. I can't wait. The colours are awesome.

Marina from Manos del Uruguay is now on the website. This great shawl is knit in Marina and the pattern is free.
Marina’s softness and drape feel wonderful next to the skin in scarves or shawls. It comes in tonal and space-dyed colorways and is made of superwash merino, which gives the colors beautiful depth.
I started to add Manos Alegria to the website. More will be added over the next few days.
Sock yarn from Manos!  Alegria is an easy-care blend of ultra-soft superwash merino with durable polyamide.  Its “hand” is remarkably soft and resilient, and the bright, playful colorways would make exciting baby projects as well as socks.
Fiber Content
75% superwash merino, 25% polyamide
Yardage
approx. 445 yds / 425 mts per 3.5 oz / 100g
Some interesting information about Manos.
The Manos Cooperatives were founded in 1968, begun by five women whose goal was to develop economic opportunities for women in a country where there were, and are still, few opportunities for work.
Read more about the work they do and the benefits they provide to their country.

It's been another day where I have spent way too much typing. I'm going to sign off now. The Jays are playing and need my undivided attention.

No comments: