Wednesday, March 16, 2016

Knitters Frolic

Wannietta is knitting with Debbie Bliss' new Rialto Luxury Sock. The minute I saw the yarn I thought ZickZack.
She cast on 72 stitches so that it will be longer and not as wide. I know that she is a very fast knitter but I want her to knit faster. Hurry Wannietta. I want to see this in person.


Have you considered taking a class at the Knitters Frolic?

Workshops are being offered on Saturday and Sunday.
Fiona has used slip-stitch to add interest to many of her designs. It is one of her favorite methods for adding a hit of colour and / or texture. In this class you will learn some of the possibilities this technique can offer, and discuss how and where to use them effectively.

The Amazing Slip Stitch Illusion with Fiona Ellis

Japanese Stitch Patterns and Advanced Lace

Students will learn the Japanese stitches used in Cartouche cowl, cabling without a cable needle, and leave with the beginning of a DK weight cowl featuring Japanese stitch patterns.

The Cartouche Cowl with Janelle Martin

Learn some of the history of the Orenburg knitters’ distinctive shawls, and begin to explore the basic stitches that make up the Orenburg tool-kit, including some of the techniques and styles that contrast Orenburg lace from other northern European lace knitting.

Basic Orenburg stitches with Katherine Matthews

See all the workshops...

It's almost Survivor time. I didn't see last weeks episode because I was flying. Beth told me the drama and I can't wait to see the shake up tonight.

No comments: