Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Crazy Scarf

Beth dropped by the store last week and saw the Zauberball Crazy. She had to knit with it. But it's sock yarn and she doesn't like thin needles. I came up with a scarf pattern for her. 3.5mm needles. Cast on 100 stitches. Join in the round. Knit 2 rows of one colour then 2 rows of the second colour. Keep going until you run out. It will be a double sided scarf which is okay with her. She doesn't have to purl and there isn't a wrong side.

No, the picture wasn't taken here. She flew to Myrtle Beach on Friday to spend some time with my parents.

The dogs and I have moved in to my parents while she is away. We have a small problem at our house - coyotes. Beth saw them walking in the field one Saturday morning. And you can hear them at night. Right now the fence around our yard is temporary. We are afraid that if the dogs hear the coyotes then they will try and find them. With two people it isn't bad but I don't want to have any problems by myself.

The move took a lot. Knitting. Sewing machine. Fabric. Clothes. Shoes. Dog food. Food for me because my parents have been away for a bit so there isn't anything in their house..... I'm not looking forward to pack and move back tomorrow. Going on a trip takes less work to get ready.

Two boxes came today from SweetGeorgia.
These are the four new colours of Tough Love Sock for spring. Celery, Passionfruit, Apricot and Lilac. They remind me of Easter Eggs. It was very hard but I didn't not take any of the Lilac home.

Some time was spent today on the website. The Gradient kits from Fiberstory are now available online. While I was doing this, I made a special section on the website for the mini skeins.

The dogs and I had a long nap after work. It seemed like a good idea at the time but I'm afraid we'll be up all night now. Oh well. Lots of knitting.

3 comments:

Kristen Rettig said...

Thanks! I've got just the yarn for that scarf!

susanj said...

Love this scarf! thanks for sharing the pattern.

Susanj said...

This is a great idea. Thanks for sharing this pattern!