Tuesday, December 22, 2015

ZickZack

MountainTop Chalet’s colorful cousin, Chateau is the same super-soft baby alpaca/bamboo blend with a chainette construction. It knits up quickly, which is perfect for last-minute holiday gifts. Any pattern written for Chalet will knit-up just as beautifully in Chateau.

Soft and squishy Chateau is an excellent yarn for a cowl. This one is worked in the round, and has four wedges of Reverse Stockinette stitch that are decreased to make the base wider than the top.
Nancy's Cowl - a free pattern from Classic Elite Yarns

 Of course I cast on the ZickZack Scarf today. Actually, I cast it on twice. I did it in the store and we were busy and I messed up the third row. The best thing to do was break the yarn and cast on again. I went up a needle size on the second go. 3mm seemed too small - I hope I made the right decision or I could be casting on again.

Cathy, Sarah and Lynn just left after our annual Christmas dinner. We had lots of laughs and ate way too much. Now it's time to do a few rows and then bed.

No comments: