Wednesday, December 02, 2015

We have a winner

Thank you to everyone who commented on Debbie's new book. A customer was in on Saturday and we asked her to choose a number. Comments 12 and 13 were from the same person (and I didn't catch it) so we counted them together as number 12. Nadine picked 18 which means that the winner of the book is Sarah H. from Hamilton. Congratulations Sarah. I will be contacting you on Ravelry for your mailing address and the book will be shipped to you.

The December Dream Club should be in the store late Monday afternoon.

The Deadwood Cowl is designed by Mercedes Tarasovich-Clark.
Two-color brioche ribbing creates a lush, textural, colorful, and reversible fabric in this cozy cowl. Centered increases shape bold stripes from a traditional tubular shape into a stylish bandana-style point. Simple shaping makes this project a fabulous introduction to two-color brioche knitting.
So velvety soft and lofty that you won’t want to put it down! Canyon is the perfect yarn for light but warm garments. Our first aran weight, Canyon is spun from very fine wool grown here in the US. Canyon’s colorways were inspired by Arizona’s beautiful desert landscape, with colors reflecting the moods and scenes of this region.
 
100% extra fine U.S. grown wool
100 g. =  175 yds.
3.5 – 4  stitches per inch
U.S. 9 to 10 needles
I'm excited to see the yarn in person. I keep looking at it on Dream in Color's website but didn't want to order it until I have knit with it.
I'm writing but I can barely see right now because I saw my optometrist this afternoon. I had those awful drops. My eyes haven't really changed but that didn't stop me from ordering a new pair of glasses. The staff at Hanley's Eyewear were great. I walked in and they handed me frames to try on. I picked a few myself and every frame I picked looked awful. It's better to let them pick - they do it every day and are really good at it. If you need new glasses, Hanley's is having a sale on some frames during the month of December. There are frames for $49, $99 and $149. Unfortunately mine weren't on sale but it was better to pick frames that look good on me.

I'm very excited about Survivor tonight. It's a crazy season and hopefully we have another wild night. I hope to get through the second wedge of clue #3. I wish I could knit faster. I also wish that I could get away with less sleep - that would give me more knitting hours.

No comments: