Saturday, September 26, 2015

Fall is coming

My dad surprised me when I got to work this morning. Fall flags are flying.

I've been wandering around the store to see the new yarns and colours that arrived last week. There are 8 new shades of Noro Kureyon.
From top left - 359, 362, 366 and 367
From top left - 368 369, 371, 374
New colours of Kureyon means that I can share Cathy's awesome pictures of her Log Cabin Afghan. You need 20 balls of Kureyon (Cathy used 25 to make it bigger) and 4 skeins of Cascade 220 for the border. There is no sewing in the afghan. The squares are knit together. It is a great project if you are waiting for your kids at their after school events. You only need one ball and a pair of 5mm needles to make a square.
I knit the afghan and it is a lot of fun. The great thing is you are finished the ball before you are bored with the colour. You also get to knit with colours you might not normally want to use.
The pattern is free....
Now I'm inspired to get back to my second afghan. There are seven squares finished and I pulled a ball of 359 to start on number eight.

No comments: