Sunday, August 23, 2015

Holi Party


Last night I started to knit Holi Party (pattern purchased on Ravelry) in madelinetosh ASAP. You cast on with 8mm needles and work the neck band. Now you switch to 10mm needles and start the short row shaping. This is to make more rows in the back than in the front. If you aren't sure what I'm talking about, take a t-shirt out of your closet. Look at how the back neck is quite a bit higher than the front. If you don't do short rows on the sweater then the front neck will be up at your chin. All was going well. The pattern is very well written. Joji keeps giving you stitch counts so that you can make sure you are heading in the right direction. She forgot one important thing in the pattern - I told you to do it but did you make sure that you changed to the 10mm needles after the 4 rows of the neck band? The Jays were scoring many runs in one inning and I totally forgot to change needles. The short rows were done when I realized that my needles didn't feel big enough. All I could do was laugh. Today I'm taking it back to the neck band and having another go at it.

Melo was very happy this morning watching the golf on TV. His favourite part of watching TV is the commercials. He jumps up and runs closer.
The second chair for our living room arrived this week. Finally. We decided that the back of the couch looked very bare so we ordered a console table. I think the room is done now. Maybe. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

The pattern looks fun and very comfy to wear.

Your living room looks lovely. I love the walking space and wood floors. Very spacious!