Saturday, July 04, 2015

Stand by Me

The Perspective Cowl is almost finished.

The pattern has been fun to do. Not difficult and the yarn feels great on your hands. There was an error in the original pattern (a few rows were missing) but I have contacted the designer and she has updated the pattern. It's all good now. We have a few kits in the store and there are more coming. I was going to wait until September when Mountain Colors will have a new sock yarn available but I'm going to move the ship date up for the kits. It's a great summer project.

Stand by Me - a new pattern from Classic Elite that you can purchase on Ravelry.
Mesh stitch panels are joined as you go in this open-front cardigan with a unique construction.
Knit in Bella Lino 
Bella Lino is a lightweight yarn that creates an airy fabric with long, harmonious stripes. The palette of summery shades each have a linen-hued base.

A bit more from Rowan Magazine #58. I'm very excited about this magazine. There is something for everyone. The magazine should be in the store the first week of August.

Unst by Lisa Richardson knit in Rowan Fine Tweed and Rowan Tweed
Scilly by Gemma Atkinson in Kidsilk Haze and Felted Tweed
Guernsey by Kaffe Fassett in Colourspun
Glacier by Martin Storey in Brushed Fleece
Brisk by Sarah Hatton in Fazed Tweed
Wintery by Marie Wallin in Brushed Fleece

Now that my work for the day is finished, I can get back to my knitting. Or I might nap. I don't have my bedroom curtains yet because I can't decide what I want. There is paper on the lower windows but the sun starts shining in the top window at 5:30am. Then there is the construction noise starting at 7am. I'm a bit tired. And who doesn't love an afternoon nap?

No comments: