Saturday, June 13, 2015

It's Parade Day

It's Heritage Days weekend in Ancaster and the highlight of the weekend is the parade. I watched the start from the end of our driveway.
Unfortunately that means Wilson Street is closed and I'm sitting in the store by myself. That has given me time to work on today's post.

Yesterday I wrote about Therapy, a new pattern from Laura Aylor.

Someone asked me about colour combinations. Here are some that I put together.
Mrs. Crosby Satchel
Above - Squid Ink, Winter Wheat and Greystone
Below - Submarine, Boston Fern, French Chambray

Mrs. Crosby Train Case - Squid Ink, Boston Fern, African Grey
Tosh Merino Light - Whiskey Barrel, Fir Wreath, Antique Lace
 Astrid Grey, Begonia Leaf, Leopard
Odyssey, Saffron, Fallen Cloud
Tosh Sock - El Greco, Woodstock, Astrid Grey

Want a bigger shawl? Take a look at Mrs. Crosby Hat Box or tosh pashmina.

I could have put together many more but then I would be spending the rest of the day putting yarn away. :) Come in and I'll give you a hand picking out a combination for you.

The road is still closed for the Soap Box Derby. That is going to give me time to knit. There hasn't been any knitting time at home. The kitchen boxes are unpacked and all the dishes have been rewashed. Next on the list is the sewing room/office.

No comments: