Sunday, May 24, 2015

Stuff the Bus

There was a flyer on my front door yesterday and I want to share with those who live in Ancaster, Hamilton and Stoney Creek. The Neighbour to Neighbour food bank (located on the Hamilton mountain) needs food.
Join Nick Davies and his crew at Sobey’s in the Meadowlands for our third  “Stuff the Bus” event of the season. 
Look for the big yellow bus in the parking lot and our flyers in your neighbourhood. This is one of our crucial drives because demand at the food bank doesn’t take a vacation but sometimes our donors do. We need your help to keep the shelves full this summer. 
Our greatest need this time of the year is;  rice, canned fish & meats, fruit, whole grain crackers, and healthy school snacks.  Donations of grocery store gift cards are also needed.
If you are able to help out, please drop by Sobey's on Saturday. If you want more information about Neighbour to Neighbour, here is the link to their website...

Today has been a relaxing day. Well kind of. I've been knitting all day trying to get Ley Lines #2 finished. I don't think I can get it cast off today but I'm going to try. I need to finish today if I hope to take it with me to TNNA on Wednesday. It will need to block tomorrow and Tuesday.

Speaking of blocking, here is Follow Your Arrow lying out to dry. It will have great points when I take out the pins.
Our furniture arrived late yesterday afternoon.
We ordered two 'knitting chairs' but we were told last week that they were out of stock and wouldn't be available until July. Somehow they found one. Thank goodness. It would be a long summer sitting on the floor because I don't think Beth and the dogs will let me on their couch. The second chair will go on the other side of the fireplace. We were debating about a coffee table and decided last night to get a console table for behind the couch instead. I have the curtains for the room so tomorrow's job is to find curtain rods.

Now back to my knitting.

No comments: