Sunday, January 25, 2015

Zen Yarn Garden

I've been knitting with yarn from Zen Yarn Garden and I'm excited about new colours that I saw at TNNA. Here are some of the great colours coming soon in Serenity Glitter Sock
Serenity Glitter Sock: 80% Superwash Merino/10% Cashmere/10% Sparkling Nylon 
3-Ply Fingering Weight | Approx. 400 yards (100 g)
 Atlantis

The yarns from Zen Yarn Garden are made in Canada and dyed in Canada.
 Coast Guard
 Crocus
 Eclipse
 Hypnotic
 Lake Mist
 Mahogany
 Mambo
 Marooned
 Moody
 Sienna
Vixen

Two skeins of Serenity Glitter Sock will make the Plank Stole. One skein will make a scarf version. When I went to Ravelry to get a link to the pattern I found a link to a video on 5 different ways to wear the Plank Stole.

 

Of course I did some searching on Ravelry. Roxanne (from Zen Yarn Garden) knit a great shawl. She said that I could use her pictures as long as I gave credit to Gail Zucker - she took the awesome photos.
Pattern: Point of View (purchased on Ravelry)

Worked sideways, this asymmetrical-triangle shawl is shaped with short rows. It features seed stitch sections in a contrasting color. 
You’ll need about 400 yds for the main color and about 260 for the contrasting color. 
Finished Measurements: 61” wide (across top edge), 22” deep


Quick, finish up a few of the projects that you have hidden under the couch so you can start something new when the yarn arrives. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

All of those colors are delightful. I can pick out several favorites. :)