Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Still

Twas the night before Christmas and Mr. UPS is busy delivering boxes. The latest Kim Hargreaves book has arrived.
So still. With an ease and a quiet confidence the collection has an aura that is hard to resist, hushed tones enhance the mood, while deep cables and subtle ribbing complete the story. The sensuality of sheer fabrics and the simplicity of clean lines have no desire to seek limelight but can't fail to command attention.









There was lots of Rowan Cocoon in the box as well. I remembered that Churchmouse Yarns has a free pattern for a cowl knit in double strand Cocoon.



I got out my 12mm needles and cast on.
This wonderful soft roving British yarn is a designer's dream. Made from a blend of merino wool and kid mohair, it creates beautiful textured and cable stitches and lovely striping and pattern effects.
I have big expectations for what I'm going to get knit over the next few days. I brought a friend home with me so that I can get some good pictures.

The Chateau cowl is growing as well.


What are we doing for Boxing Day in the store? That is still undecided. Check back on Friday for news.

Merry Christmas to you and your families. I hope that everyone has a great day!!

No comments: