Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Come Together

I decided on my next project. A Come Together kit from Classic Elite. The colourway I chose is Peace.
I have been putting off starting the kit because I wasn't happy about winding the 6 individual balls into one big ball. Lynn was in today and she did it for me. It took 20 minutes at the most. I'm not sure what I was so worried about.

I'm going to make a cowl so I'm not too worried about tension. However, I wasn't sure how the 6 strands at once would knit up so I cast on 10 stitches and did a few rows. The decision - I'm going to go up half a size needle. I think that the strands will fill out and I will get a cowl that flows a bit more. We'll see after I cast on 200 stitches and do some rows.

Don't forget that the store is closing at 2pm tomorrow afternoon and then will reopen on Friday at noon.

Will the cowl get finished in that time? 

No comments: