Saturday, November 08, 2014

Thank you Sara

As I was walking into work this morning, there was a bit of anxiety. What am I going to post about today? I don't have any knitting. We didn't get any yarn in yesterday. Then the problem was solved. Sara and Rachel came in from Milton and Sara had some works in progress to show off.

Pattern: Laura Aylor's All the Shades of Truth
Yarn: 5 skeins of tosh merino light
A color-block stole inspired by the architecture of Frank Lloyd Wright. There is no intarsia, just picking up stitches from slipped stitch edges. A coloring page is included :)

I've made 2 of these shawls and now I want to do another one. All you need to know is cast on, cast off, knit (no purl) and picking up stitches.

Pattern: Laura Aylor's Derecho
Yarn: 4 skeins of tosh merino light

A triangular shawl knit modularly in two directions to produce a pattern of interconnected stripes. Two circular needles are used to knit on one side at a time while keeping the other side’s stitches live. 
Techniques: garter stitch, knit in front and back increase, picking up stitches
I haven't knit Derecho yet but we have two samples hanging in the store. I love this shawl too.

Thanks Sara. Now I need to get back to my knitting.

No comments: