Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Orchid Thief

Cathy has been knitting like crazy. She needs to stop knitting for Sarah and start knitting for me!! Her talents can be put to a much better use :)
Here is Sarah's Orchid Thief that I just finished. I used one skein of tosh merino light in cove. It was fun to knit. The pattern kept me interested. Obviously! I finished this in about 6 days.
The pattern can be purchased on Ravelry...

My phone just honked with a surprise. Sarah is home from work and here are pictures of her wearing the shawl.
Three petals bloom from the centre top edge, their points organically growing into the three spines of yarn over increases. This unusual increase pattern creates the perfect shape for staying in place around your shoulders. The petals along the edge are grouped into threes, echoing the centre and forming deep scallops.


It suits her so well that I guess I'll have to let her keep it.

Here is my little project. I started an Inspira Cowl in Freia Fingering.
I cast on 156 stitches with 4mm needles - the Steampunk version again. There isn't any shaping in my cowl. Small problem. The colour repeats in Freia are long. I cut out some purple (can you believe that I just wrote that?) If I hadn't I still would be on purple rows and would barely be into the blue when it's time to cast off. After the blue comes lime so I might be cutting out some blue as well to get the lime in at the end. The yarn is really nice to knit with and the cowl has a totally different look than the Liberty cowls.

Our friend Phil is in town from England so we're heading out to the Keg for dinner. It could be a late evening (Phil always has amazing stories of his travels to share) so I need to finish my post before heading home.

The Feature of the Day for tomorrow (Wednesday, October 15) is madelinetosh home. This is a new yarn for fall. 10% off. In stock yarn only. You can come in the store to purchase or call us. I'm in the store tomorrow from 10-5:30
home is a 100% superwash merino wool, bulky weight with a generous 110 yards per skein. each incredibly soft squishy skein is hand dyed in small dye lots.


There are some great patterns on Ravelry for accessories...

Comforts of Home Cowl
Purl Ridge Hat
Luxe Cowl
Simple Ribbed Cowl
Pembroke Wrap
Sentiment

Here are the colours that we have in stock...

We're home from dinner. I didn't get the post done before we went. A small problem with some parcels that I was shipping out. I had to stay after closing so that they could be picked up. I didn't want to wait until tomorrow. There are knitters out there who need their yarn.

No comments: