Friday, August 08, 2014

Bright Colours

New colours of Noro Kureyon just arrived. These are gorgeous. Perfect for the Log Cabin Blanket. (The pattern is free on Ravelry)
This is my finished afghan and I have another one started. It is so much fun to knit. You get to work with lots of colours and are done a square before you are bored with that colour. It's easy to carry around with you too. One ball. One pair of needles. There is no sewing - you knit the squares together.

There are four new colours of Silk Garden as well.

I wish that I had some of my own knitting to show but there hasn't been any progress on my knitting. Luckily we have samples in the store that I haven't shown pictures of yet. Lorraine knit this for me and it is awesome!!
Pattern: Color Craving (purchased on Ravelry). Stephen West did a mystery KAL for it last summer.
Yarn: 3 skeins of Mrs. Crosby Satchel (winter wheat, vintage port and wild huckleberry)
Lorraine does a lot of lace work so I knew that she could handle this. She wasn't exactly pleased when I asked her to knit it. She thought that I was going to give her a true lace shawl to make. After she was finished she did give in and say that the construction was neat and she was glad that she made it. I love it! It's huge and there are so many different ways to wear it. The pattern does look daunting if you read the whole thing at once. I suggest reading the first section and doing it before reading the following section. It makes sense and it is easier than you think.

It's only 5:30 and I'm here for another hour and a half. The needles are coming out and I'm going to knit before heading home. At least that is the plan.

No comments: