Saturday, July 12, 2014

Made in Canada

Did you know that the yarns from Zen Yarn Garden are made in Canada and dyed in Canada?

I saw this pattern on Ravelry a few weeks ago and knew that we needed it knit up.
Pattern: Plank Stole - purchased on Ravelry
Yarn: 2 skeins of Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter Sock in the colour Boreal
Needles: 5.5mm

Diana raved about the yarn. She said it was amazing to knit with. 
The combination of glitter and color was great. The stole turned out large and squishy soft!
There are many ways to wear the stole. And if I had thought to bring out a shawl pin I could have done a lot more with it.

Over the past week things have been a bit crazy with the Tent Sale. When I picked up knitting, it was Auburn Wave. The pattern is so easy and mindless and great for when you want to knit but don't want to think.
The first skein is almost finished. I'm using Serenity Silk Single from Zen Yarn Garden in the colour Botanical.

Beth and I are thinking a small road trip after work tonight. We might check out the new outlet mall in Niagara Falls. I've heard that there is an Ugg store there. You never know where we might end up after that. I better fill up the car before we head out :)

No comments: