Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Number 4

I couldn't resist starting to knit with my Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Glitter Sock.

What pattern did I choose? My favourite scarf pattern - Windward. This will be the 4th time that I have knit this pattern.

From Heidi Kirrmaier
I thought that surely it must be possible to create something that functions as a shawl or scarf without following one of the traditional shapes, but instead is created through the use of ‘building blocks’ that are contiguous and seamlessly joined. I am super pleased with what a wearable and versatile accessory it turned out to be!
The multiple changes in knitting direction of this piece are akin to the maneuvering required when sailing into the wind, or windward.
It can be worn equally well by men or women, wrapped and draped an infinite number of ways, and can be made from a variety of yarns. That said, I think handpainted yarns probably best showcase the difference in texture between the various sections.

It's that time - the next two colours of Classic Elite Liberty will be arriving this week.
9882 Afterglow
7883 Smoky Bonfire
Baby Top-Down Cardigan
Quick and easy, this baby cardigan can be knit in a flash. I-cord edges keep finishing to a minimum.
There are 3 sizes available for the cardigan - 6-12 months, 18 months and 24 months.
This pattern is free with yarn purchase and exclusively available from LYS’s participating in the Liberty Wool subscription program from Classic Elite Yarns. In June, this pattern will be available for purchase as a PDF on Ravelry.

I received confirmation last night that we have a booth at the Knitters' Fair.

Saturday September 13, 2014. There will be more details as the date gets closer.

I was very sad seeing The Amazing Race last night. I'm not sure that any of the remaining teams can beat Brendon and Rachel. They could be very strong at the finish. I hope that there will be some excitement on Survivor tonight. Let's blind side someone!!

No comments: