Sunday, May 18, 2014

Happy Sunday

I had plans to write a 'real' post yesterday afternoon but I got home, barbecued dinner, watched the Preakness, watched golf, watched Nascar and then it was bedtime.

I opened my knitting bag when I got home last night and someone put something in it.

3 skeins of the new Dandelion from madelinetosh and the pattern for Auburn Wave. It's just sitting on the kitchen island beside me. Taunting me.

We are heading over to my parents in a few minutes. They are going on an Alaskan Cruise this summer and we need to book my dad's tours.
Enter the Fly-Zone. This eco-adventure combines the thrill of gliding above the treetops in a rich rain forest on more than 6,000 feet of dual-cable zip lines, suspension bridges, and a ground-based trail network
Join this unforgettable journey to view coastal brown bear and other Alaskan wildlife in a natural setting. Your exploration begins with an Alaska bush pilot, who will transport you on a breathtaking scenic flight from the base in Juneau to Chichagof Island, providing unique access to brown bear territory. Once you arrive, you will meet your local guide/naturalist who will take you by van to several different wildlife viewing locations.
Wildlife is everywhere in Alaska—crabs, eagles, whales, octopus, sea lions, porpoise, wolf eels, sharks and seals are all frequently spotted on the Bering Sea Crab Fishermen tour. Come aboard the Aleutian Ballad for the adventure of a lifetime. The Aleutian Ballad was made famous in Season Two of Discovery Channel’s award-winning TV series Deadliest Catch, but there are no rough seas here.
Your paddle in the Tongass National Forest begins with a ride to Clover Pass at the north end of Ketchikan. You will be introduced to your tandem kayak and listen to a safety briefing from your guide. Gain confidence as you paddle out to Eagle Islands.
These are just a few of the tours that we have looked at for him. My mom doesn't need any tours booked. It's a quilting cruise so she will be taking classes and visiting quilt shops when the ship docks in port. When my mom asks my dad if he wants to go on a quilting cruise it takes him about 1/2 a second to decide. Any excuse to go to Alaska is good for him.
If you have ever thought about doing an Alaskan Cruise, don't wait. Call your travel agent right away. It is an amazing experience. Beth and I did the cruise and then land tour about 10 years ago. AWESOME!!!!

No comments: