Monday, March 03, 2014

Coming soon

We have a shipment from Dream in Color arriving any day. There are new colours of Smooshy with Cashmere.
With its luscious blend of luxury fibers, Smooshy with Cashmere is opulence in a skein. The smooth, plied base, combined with our unique dyeing process, gives Smooshy with Cashmere its deep and lushly-shaded tones. And, 20% cash­mere makes this yarn divinely next-to-skin soft, while 10% nylon lends a durability that means Smooshy with Cashmere is equally at home in socks and open, airy lacework.
70% superwash merino, 20% cashmere, 10% nylon
4 oz. & 400 yds.
7.5 – 9 sts. inch
U.S. 0 to 2 needles








These are great for socks with pattern (think Cookie A. all over cables) or shawls (think Derecho by Laura Aylor - bootcamp, fern slipper, magic orchid-YUM)

I didn't get much done yesterday. Mr. Roko spent most of the day in my lap. He had surgery again. Not on his leg this time. The surgery was on his earflap - is that a word? He had a lump that they drained but it came back. They cut the flap to get out whatever was in there (I don't do well with blood so no one tells me too much) and then taped his earflap to his head. He didn't like it and then hairs got matted and were pulling. He was quite sucky all weekend and wanted to be with me. I'm much more sympathetic than Beth :) He's been to the vet and they cut away some of his hair so he isn't matted anymore. They also said he could have more pain pills to keep him from shaking his head. He'll probably be in my lap again tonight.

Nadine is teaching downstairs and I'm working on the computer - going between this post, updating the website and writing a newsletter. The ladies are being very loud down there. I thought that they were supposed to be learning but there is a lot of laughter :)

The Blacklist tonight. I can't wait after watching the coming attractions and then the commercials all week. It should be good.

2 comments:

Sue T. said...

Poor guy! He's going through so much! Give him a hug from me tonight. I love animals so much and to see what he's dealing with, yikes!

As to the yarn, I love that stuff!

Tell the weather to co-operate so we can get down there lol

Linda said...

Well he's mighty cute although I imagine he's a bit heavy on your lap. Still, all that puppy lovin' keeps you warm. I hope he recovers quickly. Such a sweetheart.