Monday, November 25, 2013

Windward

Windward is almost done. A day of football means lots of knitting. I thought about going outside for pictures and then thought better of it. It's very windy in Ancaster. The least amount of time spent outside the better.

I'm loving the size. This Windward is knit in sport weight (Sportmate from Lorna's Laces) which is making it bigger than the first two that I knit in sock weight.

Speaking of sock yarn...

New sock yarn arrived today. Alegria Watercolors from Manos.
Sock yarn from Manos!  Alegria is an easy-care blend of ultra-soft superwash merino with durable polyamide.  Its “hand” is remarkably soft and resilient.
Fiber Content
75% superwash merino, 25% polyamideYardage
approx. 445 yds / 425 mts per 3.5 oz / 100gGauge
28 - 30 sts = 4" / 10cmNeedle Size
US 1 - 3 / 2.25 - 3mmCare Instructions
Machine wash or hand wash, cool water. Dry flat. 
Two colours of the original Alegria arrived today as well. These are brighter with a lot more colour variation.
The colours are awesome and the yarn is super soft. It was hard but I didn't bring any home with me. I have to finish Windward and there is a ball of a brand new Rowan yarn in my bag. The yarn should be in the store later this week and I need to get a sample knit.

It's knitting time :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie,
Windward is really pretty. Your knitting is so nice. Its not even blocked yet! So, so, jealous. :)

Polly

life ldc said...

So what is the new Rowan Yarn you are knitting with Julie ? Inquiring minds NEED TO KNOW ! :)