Saturday, November 09, 2013

The Prince has Arrived

We have new sock yarn from Opal in the store and the colours look great!
Almost enough to make me want to knit socks. People ask me all the time about knitting socks. No I don't knit them. I can but I need to be in a sweater or cardigan or vest or shawl when I'm working in the store so I don't have time to knit socks. It's sad because the yarn is so pretty but there aren't enough hours in my day. 

We're into the second week of November and it's time to start thinking about gift knitting if you haven't already started. Here are some suggestions for you. Easy and quick to knit.

The Honey Cowl - pattern is free on Ravelry
This is the large size cowl that takes two skeins of tosh dk or merino dk and is knit on 5mm needles. It is super easy to knit.

Kim just finished the Gap-tastic Cowl in Blue Sky Alpacas Worsted Hand Dyed. Three skeins on 8mm needles. It is super soft. I thought about putting it in my car while I was outside taking pictures but I think she might notice that it isn't in her bag.



50% royal alpaca/50% merino
Stitching is nothing but smooth sailing with this fantastically soft and silky fiber treat. The round shape makes for serious stitch definition, showcasing your handiwork and making it the perfect choice for cables, twists, and braids.
details
  • Weight: 100 grams
  • Approx: 100 yards/91 meters
  • Needle Size: Size 9/5.5 mm
  • Gauge: 4 sts per inch
How about a drop stitch scarf? 2 skeins of tosh ASAP, 16 stitches and 10mm needles. The yarn feels great and the colours are awesome.

The Inspira Cowl is fun to knit. I used 3 balls of Classic Elite Liberty Wool.

Thinking of cables? How about Cherry Garcia?
I haven't knit in two days and my fingers are itching. There are two skeins of ASAP in front of me. My Edge shawl is in front of me. A secret project is in front of me. What do I work on first?

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Oh, yes, it's fun to have a choice of projects, isn't it! :)