Friday, June 14, 2013

Sleeves are done

The warm weather is here but it's never too early to start thinking fall. Or Christmas gifts. New yarns are going to start arriving very, very soon.

Malabrigo has a new yarn called Mecha. We should have this in the store sometime next week. I ordered this without seeing or touching the yarn but I'm confident that it will be great!
Mecha means single ply in Uruguayan Spanish. Pure Merino Superwash Wool. Aprox. 130 yards (120 m) per skein. 100 grams per skein Needles US 10-11, 6-8 mm Gauge 11 to 13 sts = 4 inches
$18 a skein

877 Queguay

875 Arapey

There should be eight colours in the shipment.

Here are a few pattern ideas from Ravelry
Twenty Eight
Casu Cowl



Mr. Canada Post left a box at the front door this morning with a package from Blue Sky Alpacas. There are new colours of Spud and Chloe Outer and Fine. These have been ordered and should be here at the end of June. Maybe sooner.

Mermaid
 Leapfrog
 Fairy Tale

Fairy Tale Hoodie
Every day is extraordinary when girls wear this modern-day take on Little Red
Riding Hood. This cozy hoodie with top-down construction is a quick knit in Spud
& Chloƫ Outer and features two big and buoyant pom poms.
Child sizes 2-12 years.
4-6 hanks of Outer.
 Black Pepper
Tickled Pink
Busy Baby Set
Once babies get going with new-found locomotion… they just don't stop! Knitting parents who are keeping up with babies on the move will appreciate this pullover and hat set with clean lines and straightforward construction. The raglan shaping includes buttons for easy on-and-off and bold stripes make for fun color combinations in Spud & ChloĆ« Fine.
Sweater sizes 6-12 months to 3T
Hat sizes Newborn, 6-12 months and 1-3 years
2-3 hanks of Fine

It was about 3pm when I finished the second sleeve.
Now I'm back to the front. Beth is going to have dinner ready when I get home from work so I can knit all evening. It looks like I might make it. I hope I like it when it's done. :)

1 comment:

Lois Evensen said...

Ooooh, new yarn! :) I like your sleeves. I look forward to seeing the completed sweater.