Saturday, May 25, 2013

Thanks Kate!!

Kate Atherley was here today doing more workshops. We are fortunate that she lives close enough to visit often.

She is an amazing teacher and her classes are very well received. She will be back with us on Saturday August 24. I don't know the classes yet but keep checking back.

This is her finishing class. Even if you have taken a finishing class before you will definitely learn lots from Kate.


Earlier this week I showed pictures of some vintage Rowan patterns that I found in the garage. Beth and I were talking last night and she said that she still has the sweater. What?? Get it out. I want pictures.

Rowan Bright Tweed. I love this yarn. Maybe one of the Rowan Ambassadors can talk with Rowan about bringing the yarn back??

This sweater has to be 20 years old. I'm pretty sure that Rhonda knit it for Beth. I need to do a bit of work on it because the edges are fraying but other than that it looks like new. Spending the money on good yarn does pay off in the long run because the garment will last forever.

The armhole shaping has started on my Summerspun cardigan. 2 stitches decreased every right side row. Thank you very much. I like shorter and shorter rows.

Most of this post was written earlier today. After work Beth and I took our parents out for dinner. Late birthday for mom and early birthday for dad. Now it's time to knit. Or maybe bed time. It's almost 9pm on a Saturday night. I'm getting old. :)

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

Haha, I did knit that one. Wow, that was forever ago. :)

Lois Evensen said...

Isn't it fun to find an old sweater and see how beautiful it still is!

I did that last winter. I also have four big bins of sweaters I knit for my grandkids. I'll be going through those when they have kids of their own. I'm glad they were well cared for and saved. :)

all the best,
Lois