Thursday, May 02, 2013

San Diego

Mr. Canada Post brought in two boxes from madelinetosh this morning-the pashmina has arrived.
Madelinetosh Pashmina is a 3-ply yarn made up of 75% superwash merino wool, 15% silk and 10% cashmere, a similar fiber blend to the famous woven pashmina scarves. This machine washable blend is hand-dyed in small dye lots and knits up to create a soft fabric with great drape.
The colours are yummy. It's hard to pick out which one I like the best. :)
Length: 360 yards / 329 meters
Gauge: 22 - 24 = 4 inches
Suggested needle size: U.S. 3 - 5 or 3.25 - 3.75mm
Care: Machine wash cold, air dry flat
Here is the Color Play Mohair Wrap before I came to work today. Knitting with Kidsilk Haze is addicting. Especially when double stranding the yarn. It feels amazing! Someone once called it Kid Crack Haze and now I can see why.
Lots of watching TV=lots of knitting. Survivor. I was happy to see the second person voted out. We also watched Hell's Kitchen from Tuesday along with hockey, hockey, hockey and baseball.

My mom just stopped by the store with a birthday present for me. No, it's not my birthday (December) but she wanted me to have it now. We're not good as a family holding things until someones birthday. A box of quilting fabric from Rowan. I don't have a TV in the sewing room so I can't quilt tonight (hockey) but I will be playing with the squares.

Beth and I booked plane tickets to San Diego today. The trip isn't until January but when you are flying on miles you have to book when the tickets are there. 100,000 miles gets both of us from Toronto to San Diego in business class. Return. First I looked at return tickets to Vegas. 125,000 miles per person each way. 500,000 miles for the trip. I love Vegas but not that much. We have started planning San Diego and I don't think we have enough days there. :)

Golf.
SeaWorld.

San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. You can stay overnight. How cool would that be??

Shopping.

And somehow we have to fit in 2 days of yarn buying. That is the reason for the trip.
It's the winter show for seeing the new yarns and anything/everything to do with knitting for the store.

Now I'm getting excited. San Diego is a great city.

More hockey tonight. Four games. You know where to find me if you need me.

No comments: