Thursday, March 21, 2013

One More Sleep

I'm in the store getting ready to go away. I like to have things in order before I go so that Cathy can find things. There are the last few price signs to make (Kim moved all the sock yarn around yesterday) and then I'm set.

Now I need to figure out my knitting. We are flying Spirit and you have to pay for carry on luggage. I will only have my purse (which will be a big one) so I can't fit my linen stitch scarf in it for knitting at the airport and on the plane. What to do?? You got it-start something new. I have had my eye on some Noro Ayatori so I'm going to start a summer top. The linen stitch scarf will be in my suitcase.

The pattern is from Sirdar. You don't need anything fancy with Noro yarns.

Some of you are asking why I don't take Eos (the white cotton sweater). The back is done so I would be starting on the front. Many years ago I had a small problem taking the front of a sweater on a trip while the back was at home. They ended up different lengths. Now I must have all pieces with me when I am knitting a sweater. It will take up too much room for a weekend trip so it can't come.

Here is the weather forecast for the weekend. It's not looking good. But at least it isn't -7C like it was this morning when I came to work.
My sewing machine is fixed. Mom to the rescue. Who knew? I'm not being mean but my mom usually isn't the best person for fixing things. Normally Beth and I are fixing things (iPad, computer, phone......) for her. She came over with her little sewing machine tool kit and in two minutes it was working. I have her extra sewing machine as well so now there is no reason not to sew. Thanks mom!!

It's later in the day and I have cast on one sleeve for my cardigan. The first row of ribbing is done after a false start. I had to rip part of the row out because I can't count to 3. It's done and then I turned my head to the right. There is a colour of Rowan Summerspun on the shelf that might be perfect. Perfect for the cardigan but also a new pair of shoes that I'm knitting something to go with.

Colour 125
Nottinghill
Summerspun is a beautiful yarn in a 50% Merino Wool and 50% Cotton blend. The yarn is made by twisting a printed cotton end and a melange wool end together, resulting in a wonderful subtle striping effect. Summerspun is a joy to knit and crochet.
Beth agreed with me that the Summerspun is a great colour. I'm casting on again. It's a good thing that I've had lots of practice lately.

For the past half an hour I have been sending out emails. Madelinetosh has 31 (no you didn't read that wrong), thirty one boxes of yarn ready for us. It should be leaving Texas early next week and we should have it in the store the following week. I'm happy that we have lots of yarn coming but where are we going to put it????

  • merino
  • merino light
  • vintage
  • dk
  • chunky
  • merino dk
  • lace
  • prairie
  • pashmina worsted
And there is still one invoice for me to see. Who knows what other yarns might be in the boxes.

It's casting on time!!!

3 comments:

Julie Ann said...

It is cool here in Myrtle Beach Julie. Forget the shorts!
Have a good time,
Julie Ann

life ldc said...

Myrtle Beach for the weekend...gotta love it!

Lois Evensen said...

We just drove from Ohio to Florida. It's COLD out there! It finally warmed up here in Melbourne, FL, area today. It's perfect sweater weather down here and I know you have plenty of pretty sweaters. ;)