Tuesday, March 26, 2013

New Samples

Mr. Canada Post brought in the box of knitting from Lynda this morning. She did a fabulous job as always.
Pattern: Love and Happiness by Amy Christoffers (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 2 skeins of Lorna's Laces Haymarket

I took some pictures in the store but the cables didn't show so I took a quick picture outside. The cables look amazing!! (It is beautiful out there today-I didn't want to come back inside)

We did the medium size but if I was to do it again we would make the longer one.
Pattern: Windward by Heidi Kirrmaier (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: 1.5 skeins of Dream in Color Everlasting Sock

From Heidi
I thought that surely it must be possible to create something that functions as a shawl or scarf without following one of the traditional shapes, but instead is created through the use of ‘building blocks’ that are contiguous and seamlessly joined. I am super pleased with what a wearable and versatile accessory it turned out to be!
The multiple changes in knitting direction of this piece are akin to the maneuvering required when sailing into the wind, or windward.
It can be worn equally well by men or women, wrapped and draped an infinite number of ways, and can be made from a variety of yarns. That said, I think handpainted yarns probably best showcase the difference in texture between the various sections.
I love it and will definitely be knitting one myself.

Mr. UPS finally arrived with our boxes. We were waiting and waiting. Lots of Haymarket.



Also in the box were all five colours of 50 Shades of Grey in Helen's Lace.

It's going home time. Dinner out because we haven't been to the grocery store and then some knitting. 

No comments: