Friday, December 28, 2012

New Samples

Ms. Canada Post was busy carrying in boxes this morning.

The first came from Lynda with two shawls.

Pattern: Derecho (pattern purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: tosh sock
Colours: whiskers, steamer trunk and fig
A triangular shawl knit modularly in two directions to produce a pattern of interconnected stripes. Two circular needles are used to knit on one side at a time while keeping the other side’s stitches live.

There are many ways to wear the shawl. I was in a bit of a rush or I would have taken out a shawl pin.

Every time I look at the shawl I think that there are four or five colours-the striping makes it look like more than three.
Pattern: Cameo (purchased on Ravelry)
Yarn: tosh merino light
Colours: norway spruce and composition book grey

I would like to say that I picked these colours (they look amazing) but it is a colour combination that I saw on Ravelry.

With the green merino light we were a smidge short for the shawl. Lynda and I discussed adding a second skein of norway spruce but then there would have been a lot left over. When the norway spruce was done she started the border in composition book grey.

Then two boxes from Lorna's Laces full of sock yarn. We were running low on the 50 Shades of Grey colours in Shepherd Sock. We received these. Then there were lots of colours of Solemate including 50 Shades of Grey.

Beth and I started watching Homeland last night. We are two episodes in. So far we are really liking it. It was hard to stop but then I wouldn't have made it to work today. There is one problem-you need to pay attention so no knitting that requires reading a chart or counting. I did a few rows on my Churchmouse poncho but I found myself putting it down to watch the show. Maybe another episode tonight.

2 comments:

Linda in Waterloo said...

Merry Christmas to you, Beth and the boys!

Lois Evensen said...

Lovely shawl! Warm looks very good. It's 42 degrees F in Port Canaveral, FL, this morning. :\