Saturday, December 22, 2012

Earth Stripe

Kim came to work this morning wearing a beautiful wrap that she knit. I tried to 'borrow' it from her but she wasn't going for it. :)

pattern: Earth Stripe Wrap by Kaffe Fassett
yarn: Kidsilk Haze knit double strand

From the book Rowan's Greatest Knits and Rowan magazine #42

I started the new Linen Stitch Scarf last night. This is 3 hours of knitting. Casting on and just over 1". Using these numbers it will take about 27-30 hours to make the scarf.

The picture below is closer to the colours of the scarf. I wasn't sure about them after the first few rows but as I get more done I'm starting to really like them. It isn't as constrasty (I know it isn't a word but I like it) as my madelinetosh and Noro Linen Stitch scarves. It's closer to the Shepherd Sock kits that I put together.
I knit the last row onto a much longer needle so that I could show the colours. I have to go back to my other needle because this one is one size smaller than I am supposed to be using-it was the only one I had that was long enough.

Are you ready for some football? Beth and I lost our fantasy football last week so we are playing for 3rd place this weekend. A Saturday night game is great-especially since we don't have any hockey to watch.

The fireplace is on and I'm going to sit by it and knit. Hope you are warm and cozy this evening.

No comments: