Saturday, September 29, 2012

What am I thinking??

Blue Sky Alpacas does a fabulous job with marketing their yarns and patterns. They have a yarn called Royal which is 100% royal alpaca, with 288 yards on a 100gram ball. To get knitters trying the yarn, Blue Sky has made the yarn available (called Royal Petites) in 35gram balls with 100 yards. See the shades...

They also brought out a line of patterns that take 1-2 balls of the Petites. Here are the designs.
Countess Mitts
Catherine Cowl
Buckingham Hat
Mitini Mitts
Tiny Empress Set
Westminster Hat
Windsor Mitts

The yarn and patterns have been very popular, especially at Knitting Camp. We have a shipment arriving sometime this week to restock the colours and patterns we are missing.

There hasn't been much knitting for me lately but that is going to change. Big time. I am finishing a newsletter and in it I talk about a pattern that I have decided I need to knit before the Woodstock Fleece Festival. That is two weeks from today. What am I thinking?

Here is the yarn that I just wound.

tosh dk (from top left and going clockwise)
-opaline
-cathedral
-well water

I'm going to keep the pattern a surprise until after the newsletter comes out-either tomorrow or Monday.

Ready, Set, Go! It's time to cast on.


2 comments:

Lois Evensen said...

I love those patterns for small projects that will make wonderful gifts. The yarns you're using are pretty, too. You pick the prettiest colors.

Linda in Waterloo said...

Yummy colours!