Sunday, September 09, 2012

Are you ready for some football?

Beth and I just got home from unloading the van and truck. The yarn is in the store (sorry to Jane who gets to start sorting it tomorrow) and the fixtures are in the storage locker ready to be packed up for Camp. Camp-that's only 10 days away.

We were extremely lucky with the weather over the weekend. No rain while unloading Friday night, no rain while packing yesterday afternoon and sunny again today. Carrying boxes in the rain is not fun.

We had a great time at the Knitters' Fair yesterday. The day flew by. I'm sorry if I didn't get to say hi to you. It was crazy busy all day-not that I am complaining-but I am sure that there are people I missed.

Thanks to the ladies who came and helped me yesterday. From the right
Jane wearing the Cascade Vest knit in Kauni
Lynn and Wannietta both wearing the Bias Before and After Scarf and Easy Fold Poncho
Kim wearing the Lush Cowl from Prism.

Kim and Wannietta are also wearing mitts from the Soakbox kits.

We had a Soak corner. Jacqueline sent along a poster that looked great hanging in the booth.
The pictures are a bit fuzzy. I was rushing just as the door was opening to get pictures of the booth.
Thanks to Jane, Wannietta, Lynn and Kim for coming with me yesterday. Thanks to Cathy who was busy in the store and a great big thank you to Beth. I owe her big time.

I also want to give a shout out to the great volunteers of the Kitchener-Waterloo Knitters' Guild. These men and women work very, very hard to put on the show.

Today is the first Sunday of the NFL season. Perfect timing. I can sit all afternoon (relaxing like my doctor told me to) and knit on the Groovy Scarf. After being around so much yarn yesterday my fingers are itching to pick up needles.

3 comments:

Christine said...

I really enjoyed browsing through your booth...you had such a big selection.

Lois Evensen said...

Looks like it was such fun! :) Nice! :) I hope you got lots and lots or sales, too.

Linda in Waterloo said...

Thanks for the Fair love. Wilf is our main man volunteer. 15 years experience with his wife Bev. Truly awesome. Your booth was terrific. My daughter was aptly enabled by Wanietta and came away with lots of William Morris. Lovely colour. Glad you had a busy day! Thank you for all your support of the Fair.