Wednesday, August 08, 2012

New Store Samples

Last night was a challenge. My laptop (not the trusty MacBook) and I went to war. I needed to write some cheques but my accounting program kept giving me an error. After restarting the computer three times (and it is an old computer which takes forever to start up) I finally got it to work and the cheques written. That part made me really mad but what is worse is that I didn't get any knitting done. By the time I was done I was mentally exhausted. I kept thinking that I had lost everything and really didn't want to start recreating my accounting. There is a back up but not in the last week. It is backed up now. :)

I am finally getting around to opening a few boxes that Mr. Canada Post brought last week. The first was from Mountain Colors.

This is a new kit called the Loganberry Shawl designed by Jackie Erickson-Schweitzer (Heartstrings FiberArts)
This crescent-shaped shawl begins with a strip of lace edging worked on only 19 to 23 sts with an 8-row repeat. The cabled lace stitch pattern suggests the slightly oblong shape and seeds of the loganberry. The short-rowed body of the shawl is an easy, very lacy one-row stitch pattern that works up in a jiffy.

We have six different colourways

  • Evening Star
  • Loganberry
  • Blackbird
  • Springtime
  • Blooming Gale
  • Hollyhock
The yarn is called Louisa-65% Cashmere and 35% Silk. A 100 gram skein has 430 yards (just under 400m). The yarn is super soft and very luxurious. 

A parcel from Ann came this morning. 

Yarn: Solemate from Lorna's Laces
Colour: Kedzie

These are so soft!!

The other project in the box

Pattern: Leslie Wrap
Yarn: Metalico from Blue Sky Alpacas

Knit in a straightforward rib pattern, with a twist. This wrap is memorable worked in Metalico, with tassels of fluctuating sizes and experimental, inconsistent whipped edge treatment.
My wrap doesn't have the tassels on the ends yet. Ann was having a hard time making them look nice and asked if I could do them. I'm leaning towards leaving them off. I like how the ends look now. No I'm not being lazy. :)

This is a close up of the yarn. There is a definite shine to it.

On Friday this arrived from Lynda but I was in the middle of trying to get yarn on the shelves.

Pattern: Goodale (you purchase the pattern on Ravelry)
Yarn: Shepherd Sport from Lorna's Laces
Colour: Farwell

The pattern calls for tosh Pashmina and we have that in the store as well.

My computer is asking to be plugged in for a bit so I'm going to work on Bailey. The deadline is approaching. It's like being in school and waiting until the night before a project is due to start it. I can see myself being up Saturday night sewing together. We are golfing on Sunday so I need it done before getting in the truck or I will be sewing between shots.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I read your blog a couple of times in the week. Always funny and interesting.

Unknown said...

I'm not good at fringes and tassels either; I don't know if I prefer to leave them off because I'm not good at them or if I'm not good at them because I've generally preferred to leave them off. They just are not my aesthetic.