Thursday, February 02, 2012

Ric Rac

Tonight I am teaching Cat Bordhi's Moebius cast on. This is one class where there is a big AHA moment. The cast on can be confusing and then all of a sudden you get it. Then it is super simple and very quick.

In last nights class I started a swatch in Rowan's summerspun. The yarn is 50% wool and 50% cotton. I liked working with the yarn and I really like how it gives a marled effect.

The yarn is a double knitting weight so you can use the patterns from Rowan's new summerspun magazine (should be arriving next week) or any dk pattern on the market.

Ric Rac is a new scarf yarn from Berroco.
Ric Rac combines dazzling multicolored chevrons with a coordinating solid-colored base, and works up quickly into stunning ruffles. The soft wool blend is perfect for showing off the range of beautiful colorways, which include both subtle neutrals and bright jewel tones.
Nine colours were just delivered. I hope to get a scarf started this afternoon to show you how cool it looks made up.

Here are a couple of colours. I will show more tomorrow.

I'm under a time crunch-there are handouts to be done for class tonight.

This is another one of those all day posts.

I watched the videos on Berroco's website on how to use the yarn.

Knit video
Crochet video

It looked pretty easy so I took the label off a skein, pulled out a crochet hook and made the scarf in about half an hour.


I know. There was a time crunch but the class handouts had to wait. There was a cool new yarn that I had to try.

I'm liking this.




No comments: