Tuesday, November 08, 2011

Trifecta

I was knitting away on my Kidsilk Haze Stripe scarf and decided that I would leave that for when I go to Vegas next week. It is perfect airport/plane knitting.

What to knit? Why not mix three great things-Stephen West, tosh merino light and Noro Silk Garden Sock? I started Spectra last night. Many people have come in buying the yarn to knit the scarf and I finally took the plunge.

Pattern: Spectra-you can buy on Ravelry if you want to start right away. We have printed copies coming for the store that should be here next week.

Spectra is a simple lightweight scarf featuring two fingering weight yarns. Short row shaping creates a dramatically curved edge that coils and playfully drapes. Basic intarsia technique entwines two strands of yarn, creating seamless wedges that resemble

The pattern is a 14 row repeat and after working through it a few times it is easy to memorize.

This picture was taken this morning before I opened the store. I decided that it was a knitting day. No straightening. No putting yarn away. No website. Just knitting. I hope to have a lot more to show before I leave tonight.

I'm home and did get some more knitting done this afternoon. I had to take the picture inside because the fog rolled in.

I'm totally motivated again. After I hit Publish I will be moving away from the computer and picking up my needles again.

No comments: