Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Noro NOW!!!

We made it home safely but I am very tired today. Our plane landed in Toronto at 11 last night but we couldn't move to the gate until 11:30. There wasn't anyone there to meet the plane. Thankfully the customs line was small and we were in the car on the way home by 12. Someone, not me, forgot to bring house keys so we had to stop at my parents to get them. By the time we got home, suitcases in the house, checked the days emails, had a tea and bagel (dinner) from Tims, it was close to 2 before I got in bed. The alarm went off at 4:30. Dad left for Honduras this morning. We met him at the church before the vans left to take everyone to the airport. He was surprised to see us-he didn't believe we could get up. Home again and another 2 hours of sleep before coming to work. I wonder why I am tired. :)

One of my sales reps just left and she left me a present. There is a new book from Jenny Watson for Noro. We should have copies in the store for sale next week.

Great designs in three new yarns for fall.
  • Nadeshiko
  • Odori
  • Hitsuji

From Jenny Watson
A collection of 16 designs from jackets and cardigans to sweaters and accessories - created in the latest new yarns from Noro. This collection has been photographed with some of the latest trends showing how this Noro collection can complement your high street wardrobe.
Hitsuji

Nadeshiko

Hitsuji

Odori

Hitsuji

Odori

Nadeshiko 

Odori

Hitsuji

Nadeshiko 

Nadeshiko

Nadeshiko
Ann and Lynda are going to need knitting soon. What to send them is going to be a problem. I love them all!!

A bit more from the trip -

In the Forum Shoppes at Caesar's there is an Ugg store. I love Ugg slippers. When I walk in from work I put them on and they are on my feet until I go to bed. When I get out of bed they are on my feet again until I go to work. My pair is wearing out and the store had a great colour that I haven't seen before. I got to the mall before the store opened so I took a few pictures.
At the entrance from Las Vegas Blvd. 

The ceiling

The columns and statues are amazing!
It is hard to believe the money that was spent building this. It is a shopping mall. We sure don't have malls that look like this in Canada.

Happy Thanksgiving to all my American friends. The TV in the store will be on tomorrow so that I can watch football. Too bad no one will be making us turkey dinner.

1 comment:

Irene said...

Well since the Ti Cats are not in the Grey Cup you can rest instead of watching. Sleep tight.