Sunday, August 07, 2011

Quilting

Beth and the girls have headed off to The Festival of Friends. I guess there was a huge problem last night with traffic and people were sitting on the road for hours. Way too many people and not enough parking. There is a beer gardens there as well. We figured that at 2 in the afternoon there wouldn't be as many drunk fools walking around. Now we need to figure out what to do with the girls tonight. The movies was an option but what do we take them to? Smurfs. No. Cars 2. No. They haven't seen any of the Harry Potter movies so that is out. Then the rest of the movies are all too old. Can't we have a movie for teens?

I pulled out Hitchhiker and did a few rows today. Taiyo Sock is very sock and will feel great on my neck.

It is Sunday afternoon. Just as I was pulling in from work yesterday, Beth and the girls were getting home from Festival of Friends. They had a great time but were soaked. The rain started just as they were going to the car. The girls jumped in my bed and we dried out their clothes. Of course thirteen year olds don't plan ahead and they didn't bring jeans for going out. We took them to their houses, got them new clothes and off we went. Burgers at 5 Guys. It was still too early for the movie so we wondered around Indigo for a bit. The girls each picked out a book and I got a Kaffe Fassett quilting book. Off to the theatre. What did we see? You are going to laugh but it was very funny. The girls picked The Smurfs. Yes. The Smurfs. We went in 3D (I would tell you to see it regular-not sure it was worth the extra money). It was the story we knew but they added in many subtle jokes for adults. Very funny. The girls had a good time. I'm sure that they are going to want an evening with Auntie Beth and Auntie Julie again very soon.

Kaffe Fassett quilting book. That is going to cause problems. I set up my sewing machine this morning. There is a beautiful sewing room downstairs and I have never used it. My fabric is lying out for me to look at. Lots of fabric. Of course I don't have quite the right colours so tomorrow I am going quilt fabric shopping.

No comments: