Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Fall Yarns

We are finally having a nice spring day and I spent this morning ordering yarns for fall.

The first thing we looked at was Noro.  There are four new yarns and I ordered three of them for the store. Also ordered were new shades of Silk Garden and Kureyon.  The new shades of Kureyon will work great in my Log Cabin Afghan.  Here is the square that I finished while in Myrtle Beach.

The next thing out of the bag was Debbie Bliss.  There are two new yarns.  Riva is a chunky wool blend that has gently colour changes.  Not exactly stripes but close.  You can see the designs in the new Riva book on Facebook.  The second yarn is Paloma.  60% Baby Alpaca and 40% Merino.  Paloma is a chunky version of Rowan's Lima.  It has the same feel and construction.  Both yarns are from Peru and I would guess they are from the same mill because many colours are exactly the same.

Scarves are still going to be big this fall.  Tonia and Triana are interchangeable.  Fingers crossed the Tonia will be here sometime in June.  The pictures aren't great but you can see that we will have new and exciting colours coming.  I didn't take into account the sun shining outside when I took these in my front room.

There are a few new colours of Triana for fall but the exciting news is Triana Lux. There is a very small amount of glitter in the yarn.

I can't give a date when this will be here but watch for updates.

Ondas has many new colours coming as well.


This is just the start.  Over the next few weeks I will be meeting with sales reps for many of my suppliers.  Not all companies will let me take pictures and post early what is coming but I will try my best to give you some hints about the exciting news for fall.

No comments: