Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Sock two

Sock two has been started.  I have included a picture showing the finished sock along with the second sock. Why?  This is to show that I am actually knitting both socks.

This morning Joan and Joan visited.  Joan has knit the Ruffles Scarf a few times and gave me a great idea.  Can't believe I didn't think of it.  Some people think the Ruffles Scarf is too short when it is tied.  Why bother tying it?  Use a shawl stick. Brilliant.  Now it is a great length.  I can't wait to wear it.

Last week I started moving yarns around to get the new Noro on the shelves.  I need a bit more room so there are two Noro yarns on sale. These are on sale until Saturday April 16 while stock lasts.


Here are a few ideas for Chirimen.

This sweater is in Noro Flowers.

The regular price on Chirimen was $10.95 and we have it on sale for $6.95.

Also designed by Jenny Watson and can be found in Noro Flowers.

Chirimen knits to a double knitting tension so there are many options for patterns.

I typed Chirimen under Yarn on Ravelry to see what other knitters have used the yarn for.  What really caught my eye was a shawl called 198 yds of Heaven.  It is a free pattern that I already had in my library.  3 balls will make a great shawl.


Vintage is now $6.95 a ball (originally $11.95).
I used Vintage to knit Jared Flood's Noro Striped Scarf.

While supplies last
No returns
No layaways

1 comment:

Irene said...

when I see your beautiful sox, I understand why people wear sox with sandals.