Thursday, November 18, 2010

Cowls

People regularly ask me if I get sick of knitting. This got me thinking. Of course this was last night lying in bed which kept me up way too long.  There are days when I really don't feel like picking up needles.  I am surrounded by yarn all day and sometimes when I get home at night I want to do something else like read a book or play on the computer.  Beth and I both have Bejewelled Twist on our computers.  She is much better at it than I am and it makes me mad.  I really, really want to beat her!!!  Now that I have put this in writing I have the urge to knit.  :)

Toe-Up Socks in a Box by Wendy D. Johnson arrived today. Wendy's toe up patterns are highly recommended by many knitters.

From Random House
Sock knitting has never been easier or more fun with these portable patterns from the beloved sock expert, Wendy Knits. Whether you are new to knitting or a veteran looking for inspiring projects, this deck includes 20 beautiful patterns and helpful tips to get you started knitting socks the best way—toe up! Perfect for knitters on the go, these cards travel with you so you’ll never loose a stitch!

Tonight I am teaching the first night of beginner cables.  The ladies will be working on Cherry Garcia.

Pattern: Cherry Garcia from Hello Yarn
Needles: 8mm, 40cm circular
Yarn: 1 skein Noro Iro

Have you noticed a theme lately?  We have many people asking for cowls (or neck tubes) and I have had fun knitting some samples up.  Take a minute and go to Ravelry.  Type Cowl in under Patterns and there are 123 pages of patterns for you.

Survivor last night was great.  I love it when the person who thinks they are running the game gets voted out.  Brenda thought that she was going to be one of the final 2.  All through the show I thought that Sash was going to give her the Immunity Idol.  Right up until the last minute I was sure she was safe. The look on her face was priceless!

No comments: