Friday, June 18, 2010

Dragging out a project

The past few days have been extremely busy.  Not for my store but for Beth's business.  She was holding an Open House yesterday for stores to come and see new products for fall.  It was great to have lunch with yarn shop owners.

Now I can relax for a bit.  Having Oliver visiting from New Zealand was great but it meant entertaining and lots of eating out which translates into not enough sleep.  Which translates into me being grumpy.  Tomorrow will definitely be better.

Ann sent a box to me and in it was Dryad.  Oh my gosh!!  Beautiful!!  Our sample is knit in Berroco Blackstone Tweed, colour Maple Sugar.
You can purchase the pattern on Ravelry.

There has been no knitting in my life for the past two weeks.  I really want the new yarns to arrive so I can start something new but we are a month away from that happening.  Since I can't start anything new I am going to finish off some projects.  I started this vest quite some time ago and it is ready to come out of the bag.  The pattern is from Jane Slicer-Smith's book Swing, Swagger and Drape.

I am almost at the halfway point and now I want it done quickly.  It will look great hanging in the store.
Here are a couple of pictures from the book.

This version of the vest is knit in aran weight yarn.

This version is knit in double knitting weight yarn.

Many people have designed garments knit sideways but Jane has improved the design.  She has shaping in the front so you don't have too much fabric and there is shaping in the back neck to make the collar sit better.

No comments: