Sunday, April 04, 2010

Happy Easter

It is Saturday night and I am starting tomorrow's post.  There is lots to talk about and if I wait until tomorrow I will forget.  It is also going to be a busy day.  Church in the morning and then getting the deserts ready for Easter dinner.  Maybe a nap.

I forgot to talk about One of a Kind.  We left at 5:30 on Thursday and ran into traffic.  We arrived at the Direct Energy Centre (on the CNE grounds) at 7.  The show closed at 9 so we had to hustle.  One thing we were looking for was artwork for the house.  We met Christos Palios who came from Baltimore to display at the show.  Take a look at his website.  I wanted to add some of his pictures to my post but didn't ask him and don't want to get into trouble by using photos without permission.  I liked photo #3 and Beth liked #6.

There were many things we liked but didn't buy anything else until meeting up with Carrie (At The Wroot Of It).  The first time I met Carrie I bought a sheep mug for myself and a few more as Christmas gifts.  At the next show I ordered 50 mugs to give away at our knitting retreat.  This show I bought a tea pot and a mug.  Who could resist the sheep mug?

When I was taking a picture of the front of the teapot I could see the back of it in the mirrored backsplash.  I thought it looked cool so I took a picture of it that way.

I love her work but it isn't for everyone.  I really, really want a set of her canisters but that will be for the next show.

When I got home from work tonight there was a funny smell in the air but we didn't think anything of it.  All of a sudden there was smoke and ashes.  A fire had broken out in the forest behind our house.  You could here crackling just before the fire trucks arrived.  They were here for at least 2 hours before the smoke was gone.  I started making a mental inventory of what I would need to get ready to put in the car if it got any bigger and we had to think about leaving.  Dogs.  Passport.  Two computers.  Then there is the problem about my sweaters.  And shoes.

I was just reading some posts on Twitter and this came from Ian Poulter.  Ian is a professional golfer known for wearing interesting outfits.  He also matches his sunglasses, hats and golf shoes.  If you think I have a lot of shoes then take a look at his golf shoes. I am seriously jealous.  Imagine being able to match your golf shoes to every outfit you own.

It is now Sunday afternoon.  What a beautiful day!!  We just got home from church and are making the deserts.  YUM.  I want some now.

On the TV is Survivor from Thursday night.  Russell wins again.  Sorry Rob.  It was just as good the second time around.

I got caught up on the Y&R last night.  Who is stalking Lauren??

1 comment:

Brendaknits said...

I am stunned by the beauty of Christos work. Particularly because my son is an artist and their work is so similar. Peter's website is www.peterharris.ca - hope I'm allowed to do that. But if you like Christos I think you'll like Peter too.