Wednesday, February 10, 2010

DONE

It is done!!!  Before Rhonda or Wannietta asks, I did sew it together by myself and even sewed in all the ends.

The pattern called for buttonholes and I did consider them.  We have some great buttons from Lantern Moon that would looked amazing.  Usually the front band is knit as a separate piece and attached at the end which makes it a bit easier for button placement. This jacket the front is all one piece so I would have put the buttonholes in while knitting the front.  I wasn't sure where I wanted them-one at the top, three going part way down like the pattern calls for or all the way to the bottom?  Then I looked at the shawl pins and the glass pin from Moving Mud was perfect.  Decision made, no buttonholes.

Here is another picture from a different angle.  I like looking at the jacket.  :)

The amazing part about me knitting this is that I hate doing moss stitch.  Normally I won't look at a pattern that has it but I loved this jacket so much that it didn't matter.

4 comments:

Fifi said...

It's gorgeous! I think it looks better without the buttons. Wonder if it can be done in one piece ... hmmmmmm. :-)

Irene said...

It's fabulous, love your choice of closure, very unique. BRAVO

Wanderingcatstudio said...

I love the colour!

Unknown said...

LOL - I never doubted it for a minute!!!